Pages

Tuesday 22 August 2017

The County Hotel (Ashford, Kent)

Two People, Midday Drinks and Dessert!




Last week I went to Germany for the company, then I went to Worcester with my dad.  So the wife had been missing me and wanted to spend some time with me.  I am off work this week.

Given that I have driven so much, I really didn’t want to drive anywhere, or even go in the car as a passenger.  So we decided to walk into town as I wanted to buy a few t-shirts.

As you walk into town from our house you need to walk past the County Hotel, or you could go in for a quick drink.  It was not too busy and we sat next to a small group of, let’s call them retired people.  We assumed it would be a nice quiet meal.

If you go to the pub on a Friday night it is often loud with a lot of swearing and innuendo.  You don’t expect to find this at dinner time with a group of old(er) people.  We overheard them talking about gang-bangs and creative things you can do with mastic.  I know all about Rogers health problems, and just some of the things you can do with a large steak (other than eat it).  It did make me wonder if this is what we sound like when we go out with r&t?  Frankly it (nearly) put my off my food!

When you are working most days you so forget that life goes on for other people, every day people going into town, and although they were vulgar, it was good to see older people out and enjoying themselves. 

We left after two drinks and got my t-shirts.  Whilst walking around we got a txt from delta-ff to task it it was ok for a group of friends to come around, so we said “yes” and decided not to rush home.  With little else to do we had to walk back passed the County, or maybe we could go in?

We had two more beers and pudding.  I think it is the first time I have ever had pudding here, but it won’t be the last.

We left, slightly tipsy, and made the long, not straight, walk home.

No comments:

Post a Comment